miracle of the day#1786
Have you ever wondered...
- Is seven really a lucky number?
- Why do some people think the number seven is lucky?
- Is seven a lucky number in all cultures?
Show all tags
Today's miracle of the day was inspired by Nicholas of Merrick, New York.Nicholas of Miracles, „Why is the number seven considered lucky?"Thanks for wondering with us, Nicholas!
Quick! Think of a number between 1 and 10. Now let's see if we can do thatciosWhat number did you come up with? was seven? We are readyLawsthat many of you actually thought of the number seven, and not just because of the theme of this Day of Miracles.
Scientists have found that AimportantMany people will think of the number seven.SimilarResultto appearwhen a large group of people wonder what is theirsFavoriteis a number. Number seven is usualoverwhelming Favorite. Why it?
It is seven in many cultures around the worldto take into accountAHappyNumber. I guess that explains itsimilarityMany people feel the seven. Some scientists and mathematicians also believe they existinterestingproperties of the number itself, of which it also consiststempting.
Is number seven real?Happyor not that is the questionOpinion. Some people think so, but that's itbe carefulOften it can just come from positive thingsrelatedwith number. Like most beliefsrelatedwith the concept of happinesssuperstitionplay on a large scaleroleuimmortalizeDiebe careful.
The number seven has a long history of positive associations in many different cultures. If you look for the reasons why seven has been so popular across cultures throughout history, you'll find that the number shows up everywhere.
They are thereseven days a week. How many colors are in onelang? Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and purple - exactly... seven!
There are seven continents and there were seven wonders of the ancient world. How many deadly sins are there? You guessed it: seven! Some researchers have found that human memory works best when it remembers up to - but no more than - seven things.
There is also a strong connection between the number seven and world religions. Bible scholars point out that the number seven is peacefulimportantin the Bible. In the creation story, God created the world in six days and rested on the seventh day. Scholars have found that the number seven in the Bible often symbolizes perfection or completeness.
There are seven heavens in Judaism. Koran, Islamin the worldThis book is also about the seven heavens, and Muslim pilgrims to Mecca circle the Kaaba seven times. In Chinese culture, seven means yin and yang combined with the five elements: water, fire, earth, wood and metal. This combination represents the concept of harmony in Confucianism.
From a mathematical point of view, the number seven also has certain properties that make it attractive to many people. First, it is an odd number. Even numbers are easily divisible by 2, so some people find odd numbers more special.
Seven is also onemain number, which means it can only be split into itself and one. Because it is the largest prime number between 1 and 10, some see more in itinterestingFor this reason.
Wondering what's next?
Be sure to read tomorrow's miracle of the day before it disappears!
what is your lucky number? Be sure to check the following with a friend or family member:
- what is your lucky number? Do you think 7 is lucky and 13 is bad luck? What about other people around the world? Go online and check out this fun infographic:Lucky and unlucky numbers around the world. Why do you think some cultures have this attitude towards certain numbers?
- Got some cubes at home? If you're not sure, maybe check out some of your board games. You're sure to find some dice in an old game you have on your shelf. Sit down with a pair of dice and start rolling them. Record the points you get for each throw. If possible, roll the dice 100 times and record the results. When you're done, create a graph showing how many times out of 100 each possible outcome (between two and twelve) comes up. Based on your results, which number/score seems to be the happiest?
- Can you come up with your own lucky number? Of course you can! Just dial a number - any number! It can be 4, 27, 83, or even 119. Then make a list of at least five reasons why you think this number is lucky. The reasons don't have to make sense. You can come up with any reasons. After all, it's your lucky number! Share your new lucky number and reasons with a friend or family member. Encourage them to come up with their own lucky number and list of reasons!
Do you understand?
Test your knowledge
- to appear
- be careful
- in the world
- to take into account
Take the Miracle Word challenge